Life, Love and my passion for cooking
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
Asian rice noodle stir fry
1- 14oz container of fresh rice noodles- trader joes,cook as directed.
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
Marinade for chicken
2 tablespoons General Tsao stir fry sauce- Trader Joes
1 tablespoon garlic chili paste
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
A few handfuls of veggie slaw- this is premixed in small bags at the grocery store. It is a mixture of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower or cabbage
3 bell peppers chopped
1 broccoli crown chopped fine
1 small red onion chopped fine
2 baby bok choy chopped
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
2 green onions chopped- for garnish
wasabi sauce(a spicy topping)
1. cut chicken breasts into cubes. Toss the chicken with the marinade: garlic chili paste, sesame oil, soy sauce and Tsao stir fry sauce. A tablespoon or so of each. let sit for a short time to marinade or longer if you can.
2. Heat a pan with a little oil. Toss the chicken into the pan cook about 10 min or until chicken is done and has reached internal temp of 165.
3. The rice noodles cook for 5-7 minutes so you can boil the water while the chicken is cooking and then cook the noodles as directed.
4. In a separate pan heat a little sesame oil. toss all the veggies in except the green onion and basil. Saute until done to your liking.
5. Place a handful of rice noodles in a bowl drizzle a little of the tsao sauce over the noodles, then add veggies and top with the chicken. Sprinkle some green onion, fresh basil,and wasabi sauce. If you like a little extra spice also drizzle some sriracha sauce on top.