Liquid Ingredients: heat to 105-110 degrees
1 cup warm beer- boddingtons is my favorite.
1 cup warm water
Toppings: this is my favorite combination of toppingsJ
½ cup sliced red bell pepper
½ cup sliced green bell pepper
½ cup sliced yellow bell pepper
½ cup sliced orange bell pepper
2 cups pizza sauce- mine is homemade but it’s a secret!
2 cups shredded Mozzarella
1 pound lean good quality hot Italian sausage- slice sausage in half and cook in a pan until slightly pink.
2 large cloves chopped garlic
About 6 slices fresh mozzarella for the top.
- In a large mixing bowl add the first 7 ingredients- mix well.
- Warm beer and water in a glass purex measuring cup about 1 minute in the microwave.
- Add the warm beer and water to the dry ingredients
- Place dough with flour and knead a few times just to shape into a nice round ball. Add about a tablespoon of Olive oil to the bowl and coat the dough. Cover tight with plastic wrap and set in a warm place until it doubles in size or until it fills up the bowl.
- After the dough rises take the plastic wrap off and punch the dough down. Separate it into two rounds put the other round in a ziplock freezer bag and let most of the air out and you will have one for next time. Unless you are making two.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface. There is plenty of dough to make a thick crust or roll out thin and make two smaller pizzas. Roll out so that it fits onto your pizza stone or pizza pan. Spread the pizza sauce then top it with shredded mozzarella, the bell peppers, garlic, and Italian sausage. Then add the fresh sliced mozzarella to the top.
- Place into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 min. Let cool slice and enjoy!