Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Asian Tuna Lettuce Wraps



 
 
Black rice cooked- 1 cup rice to 1-1/4 cups water bring to boil. Cover and simmer 40min. I buy this in bulk at Sprouts or you can find it in bags at the grocery store.
 
1 head of butter lettuce
 
2 cans tuna- no salt, no oil added. I buy the Trader Joe's brand.
 
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
 
1 tablespoon sesame oil
 
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
 
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
 
Nori seasoning for topping.
 
Trader Joe's also has a great seaweed topping in a small bag, if you can't find nori seasoning. It adds a lot of flavor to this dish. I buy the nori at Ralph's grocery store in the Asian food isle.
 
Preparation:
 
Mix the Tuna, sriracha, oil, vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl with a fork. If you like a little extra spice add more sriracha. If the tuna seems a bit dry for your taste add a little more sesame oil.
 
Place a few butter lettuce leaves on a plate. Add a few spoonfuls of tuna and then rice. Top with Nori seasoning and sriracha and enjoy!
 
Perfect for a hot summer day!
 


Special note:

I decided to make the font purple today in honor of a sweet little girl we knew named Layla who lost her battle to neuroblastoma. Today would have been her 10th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment