Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Monday, October 14, 2013

Easy cookies

Pumpkin Cookies





1/2 cup butter (room temp) good substitutes are Earth Balance or Greek yogurt.
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup brown sugar- if you like less sweet use 1/4 cup
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg or egg white, or flax meal egg substitute
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups all purpose flour- or a mixture of gluten free flours.
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
 
Preheat the oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. I use a stone for baking but if you don't have one a regular cookies sheet works great.
 
In a large mixing bowl cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Beat for a good 3-5 minutes. This helps with the texture and baking of the cookies.
 
Then add the molasses and egg. Then stir in the pumpkin. Beat 2 min.
 
In another bowl add flour, baking soda and spices.
 
Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture. Make sure the flour is blended but don't over mix. If the batter seems a bit dry add a tablespoon of water or milk.
 
Scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet with a large spoon or small baking scooper. Bake for 11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet. Store in an air tight container. Refrigerate after a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment