Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sriracha Chicken

Crispy Sriracha Chicken
 
 
 
 
 
1 package chicken pieces bone in skin on.
 
3 tablespoons Sriracha
 
2 tablespoons soy sauce
 
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
 
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
 
2 tablespoons sake
 
2 cloves of garlic pressed
 
1 tablespoon dried rosemary minced
 
1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
 
2 gallon size Ziploc bags
 
 
When I buy chicken I like to buy Empire kosher chicken from Trader Joes. The package has 2 thighs, 2 wings, 2 breasts and 2 legs.

Take the chicken out of the package. I place one of each piece of chicken in each Ziploc.

I then add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk it well. Then pour half the marinade into one bag with the chicken and the rest in the other bag of chicken.
 
Seal the bags well and place them into the refrigerator for
4-6 hours. While the chicken is marinating make sure you turn the bags over a few times in the hours it marinades so the chicken is coated evenly.
 
When the chicken is done marinating preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken into a 9x13 pan. Take each piece out of the bag and arrange it into the pan. I use tongs to do this so it doesn't get messy! There will be marinade left in each bag. Pour it over the chicken. Then place the pan into the oven uncovered for 40 min. The internal temperature should reach 165 or the juices should run clear when it is done.
 
 
 
I serve my chicken with White Jasmine rice and sauted bok choy. I chop the bok choy very thin and small and toss it in a cast iron pan with a little toasted sesame oil. I like to sprinkle it with nori seasoning and top it with wasabi sauce and or sriracha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment