Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Granola

Happy New Year everyone! Well it is February now but its been a busy start to the new year. I am finally getting a recipe posted. I hope to get a lot more recipes posted for 2014. Enjoy!

Leaha's homemade granola

4 cups rolled oats

1/2 cup dried cranberries
 
1/2 cup dried cherries

1/2 cup shredded coconut

2 tablespoons coconut sugar

1/2 cup honey


2 tablespoons coconut oil- coconut oil comes as a solid so I melt it for about 30 seconds in the microwave.

 I add the coconut oil to my measuring cup first then add the honey and it comes out of the measuring cup a lot easier!

In a large bowl I mix all the dry ingredients. Then I add the wet ingredients and mix well.

preheat the oven to 350.

I start with half the amount on a cookie sheet about 2 cups.
Just make sure you have a nice thin layer on the sheet. If the layer is too thick the oats will not toast evenly. Then put it in the oven. It will be in the oven for a total of 40-45 min. You will stir the mixture every 15min. When it looks nice and golden brown it is done. Let the granola cool for 10min. Then I do the second batch.

Store it in a plastic sealed container on the counter for a few days. It probably would last a week but its gone too fast for it to last that long;) It is great on top of yogurt in the morning or on some vanilla ice cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment