Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Turkey meatballs

Turkey meatballs with ginger lime sauce


For the meatballs:

1/2 cup panko
1 pound ground turkey- I used lean turkey
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 scallions chopped
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with non stick spray and set aside.

In a large bowl add the turkey, panko, egg white, salt, scallions, ginger, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix gently with hands. Then mix in the sriracha sauce with a small spoon. It can get a little spicy on your hands. Shape meatballs into 1/4 cup size. Place them on a cookie sheet. Bake 15-18 min or until the internal temperature reaches 165. I use a digital thermometer to get an accurate temperature.


Ginger lime sauce:

Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Set aside until the meatballs are ready to eat.
3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 scallion chopped
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1-1/2 Tablespoon water

The sides for my dish included: 
I made some jasmine rice. I sauteed  Brussels sprouts in a wok with some rice bran oil. I placed some rice on the bottom of the plate then topped it with three meatballs and added some Brussels sprouts to the side. I then added the ginger lime sauce to the top of the meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment