Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cool pasta for a hot day!

Lemon Basil Pasta



16 oz bag Penne pasta- cook according to box directions

Large bunch fresh basil- chopped

8 oz container low fat ricotta cheese- (if all you can find is a 16oz container use about half.)

¼ cup olive oil

Zest from 1 lemon & half the juice

Salt & pepper to taste.

Sprinkle of sunflower seeds or pine nuts

 
Boil pasta according to directions on the box.

Make sure you cool the pasta completely in a strainer with cold water and drizzle with about a teaspoon of olive oil to keep it from sticking.

Get a large mixing bowl.  Place pasta in the bowl with ¼ cup olive oil, lemon zest and Lemon juice in the bowl with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat the pasta.

In a separate bowl mix the container of ricotta and basil together. Then add it to the pasta mixture. Stir well and fold the ricotta mixture into the pasta making sure you don’t break up the pasta. We like to sprinkle the top with sunflower seeds it gives it an nice nutty taste.
It is best to refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment