Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Friday, August 3, 2012

Salad with homemade dressing

Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing


 



 








The dressing:

1/2 cup Frozen Raspberries
Fresh Basil- 3 or 4 leaves
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons dried mustard or Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in the food processor
Blend it until smooth
pour into a container for serving.

Salad:
Fresh romaine lettuce chopped
Half a bag of trader Joe's herb salad chopped
1/4 cup chopped candied pecans
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 apple chopped

Chop salad greens and top with pecans, blue cheese and apples. Drizzle the raspberry dressing on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment