Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Friday, April 6, 2012

Crockpot cooking is so easy!

I love cooking in my crockpot. You can put any combination of your favorite meal that you would normally put in two or three pans on the stove and put it all in your crockpot. The best part is you can throw it all in and leave for the day. Here is one of my favorite recipes to make.

Spicy Enchilada Crockpot Chicken

You will need these ingredients. I love the taste of Kosher chicken. It is very hard to over cook and is very tender.

I like to brown the chicken first in a cast iron pan Cast Iron is also one of my favorite pans to use.A good seasoned cast iron makes an amazing meal. If you don't have one any pan will work to brown your chicken.
Season the chicken on each side with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and rub a little olive oil on each side.

Then place the chicken in a hot cast iron pan that has been oiled lightly with canola oil or olive oil. Brown each side for 3 minutes. If you are using a non stick pan spray it with cooking spray then add a little oil.

while the other side is browning chop your onions and peppers roughly and add them to the crockpot along with the Enchilada sauce.

Then add
the browned chicken to the crockpot. Cover with lid and cook on low for at least 6 hours.
When the dish was almost done I toasted up some rice in my cast iron and added a can of tomatoes with chipotle seasoning along with the water required for cooking the rice. Any sides go well with this dish. I like toasting up some tortillas if I don't have rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment