Life, Love and my passion for cooking

My photo
Carson City, NV, United States
I grew up in Illinois in a small town. I moved to California in May of 2000.In that time I have experienced life, love and my passion for cooking. We now live in Nevada. I hope to take my passion for cooking to a new level.

gourmetpompey

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Taco Pizza

     This pizza was inspired by a cold taco pizza my mom made when I was growing up. It was great to have on a hot summer day. It was made up of cream cheese and sour cream mixed with taco seasoning. Then she would spread the mixture on a Pillsbury roll crust. Wow! if we could all just eat like that everyday it would be nice but since we shouldn't I came up with a new cold taco pizza. My mom and I talk on Skype every morning and she even put a few ideas in making this new pizza with me so I want to give her some credit too:)


Taco Pizza



Ingredients:

1 crust cooked and cooled. when I made the pizza I brushed a light amount of the green sauce on the crust before cooking it. (see my recipe for my beer pizza)

1-can black beans- I used Cuban black beans from Traders. I blended them up in the food processor.

1-can green chilies

1/2 cup green enchilada sauce

2- bone in skin on chicken breasts cooked and shredded

Cooking the chicken- boil enough water to cover the chicken. When the water is boiling put the chicken in and turn the heat down to simmer and cover. Set the timer for 30min. Take chicken out and let cool then shred it.

1 bag of blue corn tortilla chips

4 oz queso fresco cheese

fresh cilantro- enough to cover the pizza- chop and sprinkle on top. If you don't like cilantro some lettuce would also be good on top.

Also a little dash of Trader Joes Jalapeno hot sauce on top!

Assembling the pizza

When the crust is cool spread the black beans on the crust. Then spread the green sauce. Then sprinkle the green chilies. Then the Shredded chicken. Top with the cheese, onions and cilantro. I sprinkled each individual piece with blue chips. I didn't sprinkle the chips all over the whole pizza because they will get soggy on the left over pizza over night.



NOTE: Any other toppings would also be good.
Tomatoes, olives, bell peppers and hot peppers.

A few tips: you can also buy premade crusts. Traders Joes has ones you just roll out and cook. I also have bought a whole cooked chicken from the store those are also fast and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment